- There are many different ways to have a family in 2020, from adopting to doing IVF treatments, to using a surrogate.
- A surrogate, or gestational carrier, is a woman who has a fertilized embryo implanted in her uterus, and then carries the baby to term.
- Surrogacy is popular for gay couples, older parents, or anyone experiencing fertility issues.
- Anderson Cooper, Lucy Liu, and Sarah Jessica Parker and Matthew Broderick all used surrogates to help bring their babies into the world.
- Visit Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Anderson Cooper recently announced that he became a father for the first time, with the help of a surrogate and egg donor.
He’s not the only celebrity to turn to surrogates to help grow their families. Kim Kardashian and Kanye West have used a surrogate twice, for their children Chicago and Psalm, due to a life-threatening condition Kardashian developed with her first two pregnancies.
Lucy Liu also used a surrogate to become a mother, as she wasn’t sure when she was going to stop working — this allowed her to balance both work and parenthood.
Keep scrolling to learn more about these celebrities that used surrogates.